Monday, May 23, 2011

26 years of service! | Tampa military photographer

This past Friday I had the honor of photographing a military retirement ceremony over at Mac Dilll AFB here in Tampa.  A flood of memories came to me as I drove through the gate.  It had been a very long time since I had been on the base.  I grew up a military brat all over the country and over seas.  I'll be honest... I hated it at the time, but have fond memories as I look back on it now.  It definitely shaped me to be the person I am today and I have friends ALL over the place!

It was a beautiful ceremony and the kindest words were said of this officer!  He had friends come from all over...  The only down.... the HEAT!  It was a sauna out there!  And these poor men in their uniforms.  I can't imagine!

Here are a few shots from the day.

Garda_57web

Garda_79web

Garda_121web

Garda_142web

Garda_150web

Garda_160web

One of my favorite shots!  He gave both of his sons coins.  I remember when my dad retired he gave my sister and me a shadow box with his wings in it.  These coins will become even more special to these kids as these they get older!
Garda_162web

No comments: